Our three Animal Care and Adoption Centers, Spay Waggin’ and administrative offices often need volunteers to help with a variety of different tasks.
Our Boston shelter’s Volunteer Team is currently filled. Please check back after September 7th for volunteer availability.
Our Dedham and Brewster branches are still accepting volunteer applications.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, preference is given to applicants with related experience, weekday/daytime availability and the ability to commit to a two-hour shift each week for at least six months.
Volunteer positions may include:
- Administrative Assistant - Assist our Accounting/Development offices with data entry, filing and answering calls.
- Adoption Assistant - Work with potential adopters to help select an appropriate companion animal and provide basic animal care information and counseling.
- Canine Companion/Feline Friend - Give our cats and dogs the extra TLC they deserve through exercise, training and socialization. Please note that Canine Companions and dog walkers are needed Monday-Friday during daytime hours.
- Morning Kennel Cleaner - Provide staff with important behind-the-scenes cleaning help.
- Laundry Aide - Assist with making sure that our pets have clean, comfortable bedding.
- Mobile Clinic Assistant - Help our Spay Waggin’ team by assisting with animal care and surgery clean-up.
Submit your application charge of $10.00 by clicking here. A link to our volunteer application will follow. This is a donation to the League and does not guarantee placement in our volunteer program.
- You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Minors must submit a Parent Waiver Form. Click here for a downloadable copy.
- Please call after 48 hours for a volunteer application review.
- If matched to a position, attend volunteer orientation and trainings.
Community Service Please note these opportunities are currently filled.
One-Time Group Volunteering Please note these opportunities are currently filled.
Teen program The teen program is filled for the 2012-2013 school year. For more information or to sign up for the 2013-2014 school year please email Deb Vogel at email@example.com after September 7th.