Match-Up II Making Worldwide Impact
The Center for Shelter Dogs has reached an important milestone with its Match-Up II Online program. This week, the CSD announced that over 5,000 dogs have been entered into the Match-Up II Online database.
“Today we have over 5,000 dogs entered into the Match-Up II Online system,” says Dr. Amy Marder, Director of The Center for Shelter Dogs. “This is an important milestone not only for the CSD, but for all of our shelter partners around the world as well.”
Match-Up II Online is a multi-part behavioral assessment, which incorporates information from a dog’s behavioral history, behavior evaluation, and behavior in a shelter, in order to get a comprehensive view of a dog’s individual needs. The program is designed to help shelters learn about the personality and needs of each dog so that behavioral interventions can be implemented and successful matches can be made.
By collaborating with multiple shelter partners across the world, the CSD is creating the first national database ever used to compare shelter dog behavior, trends, and adoptability.
“We are learning more about how shelter dogs behave,” says Dr. Marder. “Which behaviors are most common, which ones are rare, what types of personalities they have. It’s very exciting.”
Some of the CSD’s Shelter Partners include:
- Animal Rescue League of Iowa of Des Moines, Iowa
- Washington Animal Rescue League of Washington, DC
- Animal Care Sanctuary of East Smithfield, Pennsylvania
- Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center of Roseburg, Oregon
- Outaouais SPCA of Gatineau, Québec
- Forever Paws Animal Shelter of Fall River, Massachusetts
- Case Del Toro Pit Bull Education & Rescue, Inc. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Gastineau Humane Society of Juneau, Alaska
- SPCA Tampa Bay of Largo, FL
-Lycoming County SPCA of Williamsport, PA
-Pit Stop Montreal Rescue of Montreal, Québec